Candidates must have the following:
- Access to a computer (ideally a PC with MS Word).
- A target position in mind (e.g. accountant, factory line worker, teacher, etc.).
- Enthusiasm about participating in this process and the ability to spend between one and two hours on the phone with me sometime during the week of December 16th-20th.
- Willingness and ability to accurately provide all relevant details/explanations and dates of previous positions. I’m very willing to work with someone facing significant challenges, such as gaps in employment, terminations, or even a criminal record; however, in order to optimize the writing/presentation strategy, I need the individual to be open and honest about any hiring obstacles at hand.
- No ability to pay for the service. I will work on an honor system regarding payment ability, but I want to be helping someone who absolutely cannot cover the expense (including by a spouse or parents).
Please email “applications” including the following information to Sheila@CareerCollaborations.com BY NOON (EASTERN TIME) THIS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13TH:
- A paragraph or two about the individual’s circumstances and career goals.
- A recommendation indicating why the individual would excel in his/her targeted position. Why would you hire this person if you could? Just a few lines is fine. This doesn’t need to be a formal letter of recommendation. If you are applying on behalf of someone else, you can write this. If you’re applying for yourself, please ask someone else to write it.
- If the individual has a current working résumé, please send that to me, as well. This is not a requirement.
I’ll select a “winner” by Sunday, December 15th. My decision will be based on need and on my ability to make an impact. I’m sorry that I will only be able to work with one person. Thank you for your understanding!
Turnaround time will be approximately 10 days from initial discussion. Details about my résumé-writing process can be found on my website, www.CareerCollaborations.com. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.